- »Teaching & Learning
- »Technology, Vocational, Information and Business Education
- »Vocational, Information and Business Education
- »Courses Offered
Mrs A Boyce, Mrs D Brunton, Ms T Feliciano, Mr P Redrup, Mr M Powell
Key Stage 3
All students will follow a two-year curriculum which focuses on the following three areas:
- Computer Science - problem-solving and introduction to programming
- Information Technology - use of applications and consideration of e-safety, privacy, ethics and intellectual property
- Digital Literacy - basic functional skills, such as the ability to use a keyboard, mouse, email and web browser, etc.
Each student receives one lesson a week in which they learn essential ICT and Computing skills through the use of industry-standard software.
In Year 9 the majority of students work towards the European Computer Driving Licence which is an industry-recognised and GCSE-equivalent qualification. This is a modular course which is assessed online.
Key Stage 4
Year 10 students continue to study towards the European Computer Driving Licence.
Those students who have completed ECDL will have the opportunity to select enrichment modulesin Year 11..
As part of the options process we also offer GCSE Computer Science and Cambrisge Nationals in Creative iMedia and ICT.
Key Stage 5
Computer Science A Level is offered at KS5 and provides excellent progression for those who have already studied it at GCSE, although this is not a prerequisite.