Mr A Chauhan
The ultimate enterprise experience -- mentored by an Enterprise Business Adviser. Students set up and run their own real company over a year.
Students gain practical experience of business and enterprise through setting up and running their own real company.
How it works
For students aged 15 to 19 years:
- An Enterprise volunteer Business Adviser mentors students through the year at regular company meetings;
- Students compete with other schools/colleges in their region, across the UK and internationally to become Enterprise company of the year;
- Company Programme online – an innovative suite of business tools and guidance;
- Comprehensive support materials for students and Link Teachers;
- Public liability insurance and legal structure provided by Young Enterprise;
- Can be run flexibly in curriculum or as an after school activity;
- Supports a range of qualifications and university entrance;
- On completing the programme students are eligible to join the UK wide Alumni network.
The future prosperity of the UK economy is dependent on developing the competitiveness of our business community. Politicians, business leaders and education forums are making it their business to focus on enterprise and preparing the young business people of the future for working life.
Achievers gain experience of the real world - taking responsibility and being accountable to their shareholders for the running of the business. They attend Trade Fairs at which they sell their product or service, and have the option to link and trade internationally through the International Links website.